The New Jersey League of Conservation Voters (New Jersey LCV), seeks to hire a Director of Development. This individual will be responsible for expanding and implementing an aggressive fundraising plan. The person will direct a development program of individual, corporate, and foundation major donors, membership cultivation, and limited events. This individual must be able to work independently as well as work with a dynamic Executive Director and committed Board of Directors to maximize outcomes.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive annual development plan
- Create a robust major gifts program
- Work independently to identify, engage and cultivate relationships with new corporate, individual and foundation donors.
- Develop and propose strategies for solicitation of major gifts, including: determining ongoing relationships with prospect/donor; recommending specific purpose and level of gift; identifying those to be involved in cultivation and subsequent solicitation; assuring that solicitations are carried out
- Secure gifts in the 5 and 6 figure range for both programmatic and general operating support
- Coordinate an effective program for recognition, involvement and stewardship of major gift donors in coordination
- Assure that relationship management information is up to date and accurate
- Work closely with the Boards of Directors
- At least three years of fundraising experience required
- Clear record of success meeting or exceeding revenue plans
- Demonstrated ability to identify, cultivate relationships with and secure gifts from new donors
- Knowledge of state and federal tax laws that impact charitable giving and political giving including experience with non-profit 501c4 organizations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent personal organizational and time management skills
- Personable, dependable team player
To apply: please send your resume, cover letter, and if applicable, salary requirements firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Director” in the subject line. No calls please.